The Bayfront Center recently honored its volunteers at a Volunteer Awards and Recognition Ceremony. Freemont Sheldon received the Volunteer of the Year Award for exemplary service throughout the year, and Elsie Mizia received the Outstanding Service Award for most hours worked. The Bayfront Center is at 401 First St. S, St. Petersburg.
Ted Wall of St. Petersburg was installed recently as the 1992-93 lieutenant governor of Division 20 of Kiwanis International. Division 20 consists of 10 Kiwanis Clubs in southern Pinellas County, which, among other things, support a Kiwanis International program called Young Children: Priority One. As part of the program, the club provides volunteers and financial support for the annual All Children's Hospital Telethon.
The St. Petersburg Lions Club, established in 1925, contributed $36,547 during 1991-92. Club benefactors include South East Guide Dogs, which received $8,600; the St. Petersburg Public Library System, which received $8,081; and the Florida Lions Conklin Center for the Multihandicapped Blind, Pinellas Center for the Visually Impaired, St. Petersburg Free Clinic, Advocates for Shelter Action Policy, Boyd Hill Nature Trail, Salvation Army and others, which each received $500 or more. The St. Petersburg Lions Club motto is "We Serve."