1. Accident (Danielle Steel) A car collision involving four teenagers tragically alters the lives of five families.
2. Disclosure (Michael Crichton) A computer industry executive rejects the advances of his boss and is accused by her of sexual harassment.
3. The Bridges of Madison County (Robert James Waller) A photographer and a lonely farmer's wife in Iowa.
4. Slow Waltz in Cedar Bend (Robert James Waller) From Iowa to India: the romance of a professor and a colleague's wife.
5. Family Blessings (LaVyrle Spencer) A widow's affection for the close friend of her son, killed in an accident, creates familial tension. 6. Like Water for Chocolate (Laura Esquivel) Frustration, love, hope _ and recipes _ sampled by a woman coming of age on a Mexican ranch.
7. Fatal Cure (Robin Cook) A series of mysterious deaths haunts a couple who practice medicine in a sylvan Vermont town.
8. He Cat Who Came to Breakfast (Lilian Jackson Braun) The psychologist-detective Alex Delaware tracks a series of violent deaths.
1. Embraced by the Light (Betty J. Eadie with Curtis Taylor) The experiences of a woman who came close to death but survived.
2. The Book of Virtues (William J. Bennett) Moral stories adapted from the Greeks, the Bible, American folklore and other sources.
3. Soul Mates (Thomas Moore) A psychotherapist discusses love and relationships.
4. Wouldn't Take Nothing for My Journey Now (Maya Angelou) Essays about life and death, good and evil.
5. SeinLanguage (Jerry Seinfeld) Observations on life by the star of the television show Seinfeld.
6. The Hidden Life of Dogs (Elizabeth Marshall Thomas) An analysis of canine behavior.
7. Leaving Home (Art Buchwald) From a childhood in foster homes to a column for the International Herald Tribune: the humorist's memoir.
8. Ann-Margaret: My Story (Ann-Margaret with Todd Gold) The memoirs of a New York born-and-raised Irish-American journalist.
10. Having Our Say (Sarah and A. Elizabeth Delany with Amy Hill Hearth) Two black sisters, both of them over 100, reflect on their lives.
Advice, how-to and miscellaneous
1. Magic Eye (N.E. Thing Enterprises) Designs in color that take on new qualities when scrutinized at length.
2. Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus (John Gray) Advice on communicating between the genders.
3. Stop the Insanity! (Susan Powter) A prescription for women to achieve physical and psychological fitness.
4. Ageless Body, Timeless Mind (Deepak Chopra) A physician's advice about aging.