1. Accident (Danielle Steel) A car collision involving four teenagers tragically alters the lives of five families.
2. Disclosure (Michael Crichton) A computer industry executive rejects the advances of his boss and is accused by her of sexual harassment.
3. The Bridges of Madison County (Robert James Waller) A photographer and a lonely farmer's wife in Iowa.
4. Slow Waltz in Cedar Bend (Robert James Waller) The romance of a professor and a colleague's wife.
5. Like Water for Chocolate (Laura Esquivel) Frustration, love, hope _ and recipes _ sampled by a woman coming of age on a Mexican ranch.
6. The Celestine Prophecy (James Redfield) A widow's affection for the close friend of her son, killed in an accident, creates familial tension.
8. Fatal Cure (Robin Cook) A series of mysterious deaths haunts a couple who practice medicine in a Vermont town.
9. The Cat Who Came to Breakfast (Lilian Jackson) Jim Qwilleran and his feline sleuths investigate a series of catastrophes.
10. Sarek (A. C. Crispin) The stormy life of Spock's father, an illustrious ambassador for the "Star Trek" Federation.
1. Embraced by the Light (Betty J. Eadie with Curtis Taylor) The experiences of a woman who came close to death but survived.
2. The Book of Virtues (William J. Bennett) Moral stories adapted from the Greeks, the Bible, American folklore and other sources.
3. Soul Mates (Thomas Moore) A psychotherapist discusses love and relationships.
4. Wouldn't Take Nothing for My Journey Now (Maya Angelou) Essays about life and death, good and evil.
5. A Drinking Life (Pete Hamill) The memoirs of a New York born-and-raised Irish-American journalist.
6. The Hidden Life of Dogs (Elizabeth Marshall Thomas) An analysis of canine behavior.
7. Having Our Say (Sarah and A. Elizabeth Delany with Amy Hill Hearth) Two black sisters, both of them over 100, reflect on their lives.
8. SeinLanguage (Jerry Seinfeld) Observations on life by the star of the television show Seinfeld.
9. Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil (John Berendt) The mysterious death of a young man in Savannah, Ga. discloses the alliances and hostilities that thrive there.
10. How We Die (Sherwin B.Nuand) A physician and surgeon reflects on "life's final chapter."
Advice, how-to and miscellaneous
1. Magic Eye (N.E. Thing Enterprises) Designs in color that take on new qualities when scrutinized at length.
2. Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus (John Gray) Advice on communicating between the genders.
3. Stop the Insanity! (Susan Powter) A prescription for women to achieve physical and psychological fitness.
4. Ageless Body, Timeless Mind (Deepak Chopra) A physician's advice about aging.