1. Insomnia (Stephen King) A widower and a widow, victims of sleeplessness, behold sinister forces at work in their small Maine town.
2. Taltos (Anne Rice) The survivor of a species of witches copes with his heritage; a sequel to The Witching Hour and Lasher
3. Debt of Honor (Tom Clancy) CIA agents vs. a Japanese plot to strike at America's territory and economy.
4. The Celestine Prophecy (James Redfield) An ancient manuscript, found in Peru, provides insights into achieving a fulfilling life.
5. Politically Correct Bedtime Stories (James Finn) Classic tales respun to avoid offending current sensibilities.
6. Lord of Chaos (Robert Jordan) The sixth volume of "The Wheel of Time," a fantasy saga.
7. Nothing Lasts Forever (Sidney Sheldon) Three women doctors in San Francisco contend with lovers, betrayers and killers.
8. The Body Farm (Patricia Cornwell) Dr. Kay Scarpetta investigates the kidnaping and murder of a small North Carolina girl.
9. Wild Horses (Dick Francis) A filmmaker pursues the secret confided to him by a dying racing expert.
10. The Bridges of Madison County (Robert James Waller) A photographer and a lonely farmer's wife in Iowa.
1. Don't Stand So Close To A Naked Man (Tim Allen) Anecdotes and meditations on life by the star of Home Improvement.
2. Barbara Bush: A Memoir (Barbara Bush) The former first lady recalls her life, from childhood to the present.
3. James Herriot's Cat Stories (James Herriot) A collection of tales by the Yorkshire veterinarian.
4. The Hot Zone (Richard Preston) The discovery of a lethal virus, more infectious than HIV, and the efforts to keep it from spreading.
5. Dolly (Dolly Parton) The autobiography of the country singer.
6. Couplehood (Paul Reiser) Essays on the ups and downs of marriage by the television star and stand-up comedian.
7. The Book of Virtues (William J. Bennett) Moral stories adapted from the Greeks, the Bible, American folklore and other sources.
8. Baseball: An Illustrated History (Geoffrey C. Ward and Ken Burns) An illustrated history of the national game.
9. No Ordinary Time (Doris Kearns) The roles of Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt on the home front during World War II.
10. Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil (John Berendt) The mysterious death of a young man in Savannah, Ga., reveals the alliances and hostilities there.