Advertisement

Our coronavirus coverage is free for the first 24 hours. Find the latest information at tampabay.com/coronavirus. Please consider subscribing or donating.

  1. Archive

Fire causes $45,000 in damage to living room

A fire started by a candle destroyed the living room of a Palm Harbor home Sunday and slightly injured a firefighter, the authorities said.

The fire at 2029 Egret Drive, a home owned by Art and Paige Tavoularis, started about 5:15 p.m. when the flame from the candle set nearby curtains ablaze, said Kevin Jensen, public relations officer for the Palm Harbor Fire Department.

The candle was part of a demonstration held by Paige Tavoularis, who has a business selling candles, Jensen said. When Tavoularis noticed the flames, he said, she grabbed her three children and a family dog and ran to a neighbor's home to call 911. No one in the family was hurt.

Damage to the home was estimated at $45,000, Jensen said. One firefighter suffered a minor burn on his arm and was treated at the scene.

Up next:OBITUARIES

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

Advertisement
Advertisement