1. The Partner (John Grisham) The pursuit of $90-million stolen by a Mississippi lawyer.
2. Sole Survivor (Dean Koontz) A crime reporter searches for a woman who claims to know a secret about a deadly plane crash.
3. Total Control (David Baldacci) A woman's efforts to find her husband, who has disappeared, discloses big business' ways.
4. Hornet's Nest (Patricia Cornwell) The experiences of two police officers and a reporter as they patrol the streets of Charlotte, N.C.
5. The Notebook (Nicholas Sparks) A World War II veteran meets an old flame who is about to be married.
6. Evening Class (Maeve Binchy) Family secrets, aspirations and passions surface during a course in Italian at a Dublin school.
7. 3001: The Final Odyssey (Arthur C. Clarke) One of the heroes of 2001: A Space Odyssey tries to save the human race.
8. Small Town Girl (LaVyrle Spencer) A country music star, returning to her Missouri hometown, finds a new self and a new life.
9. Airframe (Michael Crichton) A young woman investigates a near disaster that befell a plane on its way from Hong Kong to Denver.
10. The List (Steve Martini) A writer's scheme to get her novel on the bestseller list leads to a murder and endangers her own life.
1. Murder in Brentwood (Mark Fuhrman) The O. J. Simpson murder trial as observed by the man who was a key prosecution witness.
2. Personal History (Katharine Graham) The autobiography of the former publisher of the Washington Post and capital grande dame.
3. Angela's Ashes (Frank McCourt) An Irish-American writer's childhood.
4. The Gift of Peace (Cardinal Joseph Bernardin) Reflections on the last three years of his life by the late archbishop of Chicago.
5. Conversations with God (Neale Donald Walsch) The author addresses questions of life and love, good and evil, guilt and sin.
6. His Name Is Ron (The family of Ron Goldman with William and Marilyn Hoffer) Ron Goldman's family reflects on his life and death.
7. The Millionaire Next Door (Thomas J. Stanley and William D. Danko) Wealthy Americans have seven characteristics in common.
8. Journey into Darkness (John Douglas and Mark Olshaker) A former FBI profiler describes the nature of vicious serial criminals.
9. Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil (John Berendt) The mysterious death of a young man in Savannah, Ga.
10. My Sergei (Ekaterina Gordeeva with E. M. Swift) A memoir of the Russian ice skater Sergei Grinkov by his longtime partner and wife.