Advertisement
  1. Archive

Bowl of hot water burns boy, 6, and sister, 1

A 6-year-old boy spilled a bowl of hot water on himself and his 1-year-old sister Monday, and both suffered second-degree burns. Eric and Kayla Rivera were flown to Bayfront Medical Center in St. Petersburg as a precaution and were released early Tuesday. The accident happened about 5:30 p.m. Monday, according to a Sheriff's Office report. The children's mother, Jennifer Rivera, had just heated hot dogs in the microwave and left the bowl of water inside. When she turned away, Eric reached inside to pull the bowl out, splashing the water on himself and his sister.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

Advertisement
Advertisement