This map shows crashes in the northern Hillsborough area that resulted in injuries or deaths reported by the Florida Highway Patrol from Oct. 20-26 and the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office from Oct. 21-27. It also includes injury and non-injury accidents reported by the Tampa Police Department from Oct. 17-23.
1. LINEBAUGH AVENUE AT NIXON ROAD, OCT. 22, 4:10 P.M.: A 1992 Toyota was westbound on Linebaugh just east of Nixon, when a 5-year-old boy in the driver's side back seat opened the door and fell from the car, which was going about 25 mph. The boy was taken to St. Joseph's Hospital.
2 . VAN DYKE FARMS BOULEVARD AT VAN DYKE ROAD, OCT. 23, 3:40 P.M.: The 16-year-old driver of a 1996 Toyota heading north of Van Dyke Farms lost control as he negotiated a left-hand curve that was wet from a sprinkler. The car fishtailed, left the road and struck a concrete wall at the intersection of Van Dyke Road. Two of four teenag passengers in the Toyota were taken to a hospital for treatment of minor injuries. No charges filed at the time.
3. LINEBAUGH AVENUE AT ANDERSON ROAD, OCT. 24, 4:10 P.M.: The driver of a 1991 Ford attempted a left turn onto Linebaugh from a driveway and pulled into the path of a westbound 1988 Honda. The Ford driver, a 46-year-old man, was arrested on charges of driving with a suspended license, no proof of insurance and violation of right-of-way. The 31-year-old man driving the Honda was taken to St. Joseph's Hospital.
4. WAYSIDE WILLOW COURT AT CARROLLWOOD VILLAGE DRIVE, OCT. 24, 6:55 P.M.: A 1991 Mazda was eastbound on Village Drive with a 16-year-old boy lying on the hood. As the Mazda turned left onto Wayside Willow, the boy fell off the car and struck his head on the pavement. He was taken to the hospital. The car's driver, a 17-year-old boy, was charged with careless driving.
5. MEMORIAL HIGHWAY AT HILLSBOROUGH AVENUE, OCT. 24, 7:55 P.M.: A southbound 1982 Mazda driven by a 43-year-old man struck a pedestrian who was crossing Memorial from west to east. The pedestrian, a 33-year-old man, was taken to St. Joseph's Hospital in critical condition. He was not crossing at an intersection or in a crosswalk. No charges were filed.
6. N DALE MABRY HIGHWAY AT STALL ROAD, OCT. 24, 11 P.M.: A northbound 1984 Ford van rear-ended a 1996 Ford pickup truck slowing for traffic. Injured were taken to Tampa General Hospital. The deputy noted a strong odor of alcohol on the van driver's breath. The 36-year-old man refused a roadside sobriety test or Breathalyzer test. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and no proof of insurance.
7. WATERS AVENUE AT SHELDON ROAD, OCT. 25, 10:40 A.M.: The driver of a westbound 1991 Nissan ran a red traffic light and struck a southbound 1986 Nissan. Injured were taken to St. Joseph's Hospital. The driver of the '91 Nissan, a 56-year-old woman, was charged with disregarding a traffic signal.
8. VAN DYKE ROAD AT N DALE MABRY HIGHWAY, OCT. 25, 10:35 P.M.: A 46-year-old woman drove her westbound 1995 Mazda off the road and into a drainage ditch before striking a power pole. She was not injured but was arrested and charged with DUI.
9. N DALE MABRY HIGHWAY AT SOUTH VILLAGE DRIVE, OCT. 25, 10:45 P.M.: A southbound 1993 Jeep rear-ended a 1998 Honda stopped for traffic. No injuries were reported. No charges were filed.
10. LAKE MAGDALENE BOULEVARD AT FLETCHER AVENUE, OCT. 27, 7 P.M.: The driver of a southbound 1996 Toyota swerved to avoid an animal and went off the road. The car flipped over. The driver, an 18-year-old woman, was not injured. No charges were filed.
_ Lisa Scott