At right, Brian Gist, left, comforts his friend Amanda Bussom, 15, as she holds her puppy "Hucka," who died in a house fire Thursday at 3611 W Paxton Ave. in Tampa. Tampa fire officials say the house, occupied by Kenneth and Rebecca Bussom and their eight children, caught fire when Mrs. Bussom used a lighter to look for an item lost under a bed. Evidently, she left the room without noticing that the bedding had caught fire, officials said. A neighbor saw smoke coming from the house a short time later, and alerted Mrs. Bussom. Damage was estimated at $25,000, and the American Red Cross is helping the family, which will be staying with Mrs. Bussom's sister.