This map shows crashes in the northern Hillsborough area that resulted in injuries or deaths reported by the Florida Highway Patrol and Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office from April 20-26. It also includes injury and non-injury accidents reported by the Tampa Police Department from April 17-23.
1. TAMPA PALMS BOULEVARD AT BRUCE B. DOWNS BOULEVARD, APRIL 18, 2:06 P.M.: No report available.
2. FLETCHER AVENUE AT BRUCE B. DOWNS BOULEVARD, APRIL 20, 9:25 A.M.: A westbound 1996 Toyota struck a 1991 Ford that had stopped for traffic. The 35-year-old Toyota driver said she had just looked down for a moment when she hit the Ford. She was cited for careless driving. The Ford driver was taken to the hospital with possible injuries.
3. HUTCHISON ROAD AT SENTRY WOODS COURT, APRIL 20, 2:57 P.M.: A southbound 1997 Isuzu driven by a 17-year-old boy swerved, rolled over and came to rest against a barrier wall. The driver and his three teenage passengers reported no injuries. No charges filed.
4. GUNN HIGHWAY AT CASEY ROAD, APRIL 20, 5:27 P.M.: A northbound 1998 Mercedes turned left in front of a southbound 1995 Dodge. The Mercedes driver, a 47-year-old woman, was cited for violation of right of way. No injuries reported.
5. W BEARSS AVENUE AT ZAMBITO ROAD, APRIL 21, 9:42 A.M.: A westbound 1997 Ford attempted a U-turn and collided with an eastbound 1992 Pontiac. The Ford then hit a light pole on the south side of the road. No injuries reported. No charges filed.
6. AMBERLY DRIVE AT TAMPA PALMS BOULEVARD, APRIL 21, 9:55 A.M.: The 37-year-old driver of a 1989 Toyota said she blacked out, left the roadway and struck a palm tree. She was taken to University Community Hospital and cited for violating her learner's permit by driving without a licensed driver in the car.
7. TAMPA PALMS BOULEVARD AT BRUCE B. DOWNS BOULEVARD, APRIL 21, 10:56 A.M.: A 1997 Acura pulled out of a driveway and struck a northbound 1998 Ford. No injuries reported. No charges filed.
8. E FLETCHER AVENUE AT UNIVERSITY PLAZA, APRIL 21, 1:07 P.M.: A westbound 1981 Ford driven by a 21-year-old woman rear-ended a 1996 Ford stopped for traffic. The 1996 Ford driver, 51, was taken by ambulance to University Community Hospital, where she was treated and released. No charges filed.
9. ANDERSON ROAD AT LYNN ROAD, APRIL 21, 1:37 P.M.: A westbound 1978 Ford crossed into the path of a southbound 1992 Chevrolet, which skidded 60 feet before broadsiding the Ford. The Ford was pushed into a 1991 Toyota that was stopped in the eastbound lane of the intersection. The Ford driver, 34, was taken to the hospital with serious injuries. He was charged with violation of right of way and failing to register a vehicle.
10. LIVINGSTON AVENUE AT E 132ND AVENUE, APRIL 21, 2:41 P.M.: An eastbound 1990 Honda failed to stop at a stop sign and struck a northbound 1990 Nissan, which went over the curb and hit a 39-year-old woman standing on the corner. The pedestrian was taken to the hospital and treated for a bruised thigh. The Honda driver, a 48-year-old woman, was charged with running a stop sign.
11. W LINEBAUGH AVENUE AT COUNTRYWAY BOULEVARD, APRIL 21, 4:23 P.M.: An eastbound 1990 Ford turned left in front of a westbound 1996 Plymouth. Both drivers at the four-way stop thought they had right of way. No charges filed.
12. N 22ND STREET AT E 131ST AVENUE, APRIL 21, 5:55 P.M.: A northbound 1990 Buick rear-ended a 1995 Dodge waiting to turn left into a driveway. The collision forced the Dodge into a southbound 1991 Ford. The Buick driver, 52, was taken to the hospital. He was charged with following too closely.
13. GUNN HIGHWAY AT N MOBLEY ROAD, APRIL 22, 6:25 A.M.: A northbound 1984 Buick skidded on a turn, spun around and rolled over. The driver, a 21-year-old man, reported minor injuries. No charges filed.
14. MONTEREY BOULEVARD AT LOGAN GATE BOULEVARD, APRIL 22, 7:21 A.M.: A 1997 Mercury, traveling southbound on Monterey, cut the corner as it turned left onto Logan Gate, striking a 1995 Honda stopped at the intersection. No injuries reported. No charges filed.
15. N FLORIDA AVENUE AT E 138TH AVENUE, APRIL 22, 2:26 P.M.: A Hillsborough sheriff's deputy was northbound on his Harley-Davidson motorcycle when he was distracted by his radar unit and tried to identify which vehicle was speeding. When the deputy realized he was about to crash into the rear of a 1984 Ford, the deputy laid the motorcycle over. The 40-year-old deputy suffered non-incapacitating injuries.
16. N DALE MABRY AT SUNLAKE BOULEVARD, APRIL 22, 6:43 P.M.: A southbound 1987 Nissan swerved and skidded off the road, through a traffic sign and into a 1986 Volvo stopped on Sunlake at the intersection. The Nissan driver, a 17-year-old boy, was charged with careless driving.
17. BRUCE B. DOWNS BOULEVARD AT AMBERLY DRIVE, APRIL 22, 6:49 P.M.: A westbound 1979 Dodge van towing a trailer turned left in front of an eastbound 1998 Chevrolet. The Chevy driver was taken to the hospital. The Dodge driver, 38, reported minor injuries but refused treatment. He was charged with violation of right of way.
18. E BEARSS AVENUE AT LIVINGSTON AVENUE, APRIL 23, 9:16 A.M.: An eastbound 1995 Ford struck a 1993 Subaru stopped for traffic, causing a chain reaction crash with two more cars. The Ford driver, a 19-year-old woman, was charged with careless driving.
19. UNIVERSITY SQUARE DRIVE AT BRUCE B. DOWNS, APRIL 23, 5:48 P.M.: No report available.
20. N DALE MABRY AT SUNLAKE BOULEVARD, APRIL 23, 11 P.M.: A southbound 1995 Ford van swerved off the road, struck a concrete culvert and a stop sign, skidded across Sunlake and rolled over once. The driver, a 70-year-old man, was investigated for possible DUI.
21. N 19TH STREET AT E FLETCHER AVENUE, APRIL 24, 10:18 A.M.: No report available.
22. N FLORIDA AVENUE AT E 124TH AVENUE, APRIL 24, 5:47 P.M.: A northbound 1976 Chevrolet rear-ended a 1987 Dodge that it was following too closely. A 1995 Jeep braked, skidded 60 feet and struck the Chevy. The Jeep driver, a 49-year-old woman, reported serious injuries.
23. N 22ND STREET AT E 131ST AVENUE, APRIL 24, 6:09 P.M.: A northbound 1993 Nissan driven by a 29-year-old man skidded about 25 feet and struck a 6-year-old girl who darted out into traffic. The girl was taken to the hospital with a possible pelvis fracture. No charges filed.
24. HUTCHISON ROAD AT N MOBLEY ROAD, APRIL 25, 3:06 P.M.: A 1981 Ford going north in the southbound lane swerved to avoid oncoming traffic, went off the road and struck a fence and a tree. The Ford driver, a 51-year-old woman, was charged with DUI. No injuries reported.
25. W BEARSS AVENUE AT HAVEN BEND, APRIL 25, 5:01 P.M.: An eastbound 1985 Chevrolet going 50 mph swerved when a slower eastbound 1986 Ford changed lanes. The Chevy went off the right shoulder and struck a concrete wall. No injuries reported. No charges filed.
26. U.S. 41 AT CRENSHAW LAKE ROAD, APRIL 26, 6:50 P.M.: A northbound 1998 CMC motorcycle turned left into the path of a southbound 1986 Honda. The injured were taken to St. Joseph's Hospital. The cyclist, 25, was charged with violation of right of way and no motorcycle endorsement.
27. LIVINGSTON AVENUE AT 138TH AVENUE, APRIL 26, 7:50 P.M.: A northbound Pontiac veered off the road and struck a tree and then a woman who was standing on the shoulder of the road. The Pontiac driver did not stop and continued north. The woman was taken to University Community Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
28. N DALE MABRY HIGHWAY AT LAKE CARROLL WAY, APRIL 23, 2:20 P.M.: A 1987 Lincoln, traveling north in the inside lane, rear-ended a 1993 Honda that had slowed suddenly for a third car making a U-turn. The Lincoln driver, a 47-year-old man, was charged with careless driving.