The top movies at North American theaters Friday through Sunday, followed by studio, gross, and number of theater locations, receipts per location , total gross and number of weeks in release, as compiled Monday by Exhibitor Relations.
1. Patch Adams, Universal, $25.3-million, 2,712 locations, $9,815 average, $25.3-million, one week.
2. Stepmom, Sony, $19.1-million, 2,358 locations, $8,118 average, $19.1-million, one week.
3. You've Got Mail, Warner Bros., $18.1-million, 2,756 locations, $6,588 average, $47.4-million, two weeks.
4. The Prince of Egypt, DreamWorks, $15.1-million, 3,218 locations, $4,698 average, $40.1-million, two weeks.
5. The Faculty, Miramax, $11.6-million, 2,365 locations, $4,919 average, $11.6-million, one week.
6. Mighty Joe Young, Disney, $10.6-million, 2,502 locations, $4,287 average, $10.6-million, one week.
7. A Bug's Life, Disney, $10.1-million, 2,458 locations, $4,123 average, $114.5-million, six weeks.
8. Star Trek: Insurrection, Paramount, $7.3-million, 2,877 locations, $2,728 average, $47.7-million, three weeks.
9. Enemy of the State, Disney, $5.3-million, 1,505 locations, $3,519 average, $87.5-million, six weeks.
10. Jack Frost, Warner Bros., $3.9-million, 2,142 locations, $1,822 average, $22.5-million, three weeks.