The top movies at North American theaters Friday through Sunday, followed by studio, last weekend's gross and number of weeks in release.
1. Runaway Bride, Paramount, $35.1-million, $35.1-million, one week.
2. The Blair Witch Project, Artisan, $29.2-million, $36.1-million, three weeks.
3. Deep Blue Sea, Warner Bros., $19.1-million, $25.2-million, one week.
4. The Haunting, DreamWorks, $15.3-million, $64-million, two weeks.
5. Inspector Gadget, Disney, $14.1-million, $47.9-million, two weeks.
6. American Pie, Universal, $6.8-million, $77.2-million, four weeks.
7. Eyes Wide Shut, Warner Bros., $4.3-million, $48.7-million, three weeks.
8. Big Daddy, Sony, $3.6-million, $152.7-million, six weeks.
9. Star Wars: Episode I _ The Phantom Menace, 20th Century Fox, $3.4-million, $408.6-million, 11 weeks.
10. Tarzan, Disney, $3-million, $158.4-million, seven weeks.