This map shows crashes in the northern Hillsborough area that resulted in injuries or deaths reported by the Florida Highway Patrol and the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office from July 26 to August 1. It also includes injury and non-injury accidents reported by the Tampa Police Department from July 23 to 29.
1. GUNN HIGHWAY AT CEDAR FOREST DRIVE, JULY 26, 6:45 P.M.: A westbound 1996 Chevrolet turned left into the path of an eastbound 1989 Chevrolet. The 1996 Chevy driver, a 45-year-old woman, was charged with an improper turn.
2. SHELDON ROAD AT WATERS AVENUE, JULY 26, 3:15 P.M.: A northbound 1992 Ford turned left into the path of a southbound 1995 Ford. The 1992 Ford driver, a 52-year-old man was charged with violation of right of way. The 1995 Ford driver, a 24-year-old woman, was charged with driving with license suspended.
3. BRUCE B DOWNS BOULEVARD AT 43RD ST, JULY 26, 12:45 P.M. A northbound 1990 Pontiac rear-ended a 1995 Toyota. The Pontiac driver, a 16-year-old boy, was charged with careless driving and no proof of insurance.
4. SOUTH VILLAGE DRIVE AT WEST VILLAGE DRIVE, JULY 26, 11:50 A.M.: A northbound 1995 Chevrolet turned left into the path of a southbound 1987 Toyota. The Chevy driver, an 88-year-old woman, was charged with careless driving and violation of right of way.
5. GUNN HIGHWAY AT N DALE MABRY HIGHWAY, JULY 27, 8:24 A.M.: An eastbound 1995 Nissan turned left into the path of a 1987 Toyota. The Nissan driver, a 29-year-old man, was charged with violation of right of way.
6. FLORIDA AVENUE AT FLETCHER AVENUE, JULY 27, 11:15 A.M.: A northbound 1996 Nissan struck the right side of a 1983 Yamaha motorcycle while attempting to change lanes. The Nissan driver, a 50-year-old woman, was charged with improper lane change. The motorcycle driver, a 49-year-old male, sought medical attention on his own.
FLETCHER AVENUE AT PADDOCK AVENUE, JULY 27, 4 P.M.: An eastbound 1993 Mazda turned left into the path of a westbound 1987 Dodge. The Mazda driver, a 29-year-old man, said he was searching for a kitten loose in his vehicle. The Dodge driver, a 19-year-old man, admitted to smoking marijuana before driving. Both drivers were transported to St. Joseph's Hospital. Charges pending.
8. VETERAN'S EXPRESSWAY AT WATERS AVENUE, JULY 28, 4:45 A.M.: A southbound 1997 Mercedes collided with a southbound 1990 Ford causing the Ford to roll. The Mercedes driver, a 17-year-old boy, was charged with leaving the scene and no driver's license. The driver of the Ford, a 25-year-old man, and passengers were taken to St. Joseph's Hospital.
9. N DALE MABRY HIGHWAY AT LAKE CARROLL WAY, JULY 28, 8 P.M.: A northbound 1998 Honda rear-ended a 1998 Chevrolet stopped for traffic. The Honda driver, 56, was talking on a cellular phone. He was charged with careless driving. The Chevrolet driver, a 29-year-old woman, was taken to University Community Hospital-Carrollwood.
10. 15TH STREET AT SINCLAIR HILLS ROAD, JULY 29, 12:03 A.M.: A northbound 1992 Buick left the road, entered a ditch and struck a utility pole. The driver, 25, stated she did not remember how she left the roadway. She was taken to University Community Hospital. Investigation not complete pending results of the driver's blood-alcohol level.
11. 131ST AVENUE AT LEISUREWOOD PLACE, JULY 29, 8:56 A.M.: An eastbound 1993 Nissan, driven by a 38-year-old man, turned left into the path of a westbound 1992 Ford. The Nissan driver was charged with a violation of right of way.
12. LYNN TURNER ROAD AT BRUSHYCREEK DRIVE, JULY 30, 10:34 A.M.: A northbound tow truck lost control, exited the road, struck a railing and became lodged in between trees. The driver, a 24-year-old man, was charged with driving with a suspended license.
13. EHRLICH ROAD AT LYNN TURNER ROAD, JULY 30, 2 P.M.: A westbound 1997 Dodge drove through a red light and struck a southbound 1994 Chevrolet. The Dodge driver, 65, was charged with a violation of a traffic control device. She was taken to Town 'N Country Hospital.
14. FLETCHER AVENUE AT BRUCE B DOWNS BOULEVARD, JULY 30, 12:30 P.M.: A southbound 1987 Subaru attempted a left turn but drove into the path of a westbound 1999 Plymouth van. The Subaru driver, a 20-year-old woman, was charged with a violation of right of way.
15. BEARSS AVENUE AT NORTH BOULEVARD, JULY 30, 9:07 A.M.: A northbound 1994 Lexus drove through a red light and was struck by an eastbound 1999 Infiniti. The Lexus driver, a 34-year-old woman, was charged with running a red light. Both drivers were taken to University Community Hospital.
16. GUNN HIGHWAY AT S MOBLEY ROAD, AUG 1, 8:10 P.M.: A 1986 Chevrolet turning left from the Keystone Crossing shopping plaza drove into the path of a southbound 1994 Ford truck. The Chevrolet driver, a 44-year-old woman, was charged with a violation of right of way. Both drivers were taken to Town "N Country Hospital.
_ CAROLINE RANES, STEPHANIE POWERS