The top movies at North American theaters Friday through Sunday, followed by studio, gross, total gross and number of weeks in release.
1. The Sixth Sense, Disney, $26.7-million, $26.7-million, one week.
2. The Blair Witch Project, Artisan, $24.3-million, $80-million, four weeks.
3. Runaway Bride, Paramount, $20.8-million, $73.8-million, two weeks.
4. The Thomas Crown Affair, MGM, $14.6-million, $14.6-million, one week.
5. Deep Blue Sea, Warner Bros., $11.2-million, $45.5-million, two weeks.
6. Mystery Men, Universal, $10-million, $10-million, one week.
7. Inspector Gadget, Disney, $9.2-million, $64.8-million, three weeks.
8. The Haunting, DreamWorks, $6.4-million, $77.3-million, three weeks.
9. Iron Giant, Warner Bros., $5.7-million, $5.8-million, one week.
10. American Pie, Universal, $4.1-million, $85.5-million, five weeks.