This map shows crashes in the northern Hillsborough area that resulted in injuries or deaths reported by the Florida Highway Patrol and the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office from Aug. 2-8. It also includes injury and non-injury accidents reported by the Tampa Police Department from July 30-Aug. 5.
1. ANDERSON ROAD AT GUNN HIGHWAY, AUG. 2, 9:55 A.M.: A southbound 1977 Chevrolet commercial cargo truck turned left into the path of a northbound 1997 Lincoln. The Chevrolet driver, a 41-year-old man, was charged with a violation of right of way. The Lincoln driver and two passengers were taken to St. Joseph's Hospital.
2. NEBRASKA AVENUE AT FLETCHER AVENUE, AUG. 2, 12:40 P.M.: A southbound 1993 Chrysler, driven by a 63-year-old man, struck an eastbound 1988 Pontiac, driven by a 80-year-old woman. Both cars were within the intersection and both drivers stated they had green lights. Both drivers were taken to different hospitals.
3. ANDERSON ROAD AT LYNN ROAD, AUG. 3, 5:15 P.M.: A westbound 1992 Chevrolet truck hit a southbound 1989 Toyota, knocking it into a ditch. The Chevrolet driver, a 19-year-old man, was charged with a violation of right of way. The Toyota driver, a 58-year-old man, was taken to University Community Hospital-Carrollwood.
4. GUNN HIGHWAY AT CITRUS PARK DRIVE, AUG. 3, 10:20 A.M.: A southbound 1999 Toyota, driven by a 56-year-old man, hit an 11-year-old boy crossing Gunn Highway weston a bicycle. The boy was treated for scrapes at the scene by paramedics and released.
5. BRUCE B DOWNS BOULEVARD AT REGENTS PARK DRIVE, AUG. 3, 5:07 P.M.: A westbound 1995 Toyota van, driven by a 38-year-old man, drove into the path of a southbound 1996 Ford truck. Both drivers and a Toyota passenger were taken to Tampa General.
6. BEARSS AVENUE AT WINDING CREEK DRIVE, AUG. 3, 5:31 P.M.: A westbound 1995 Toyota, driven by a 20-year-old woman, rear-ended a 1992 Saturn, which hit a 1999 Buick. The Toyota driver was charged with following too closely.
7. GEORGE ROAD AT YOSEMITE DRIVE, AUG. 4, 6:28 A.M.: An eastbound 1998 Kia drove through a stop sign and struck a southbound 1987 Ford. The Kia driver, a 35-year-old woman, was charged with driving under the influence.
8. HAMPTON PARK BOULEVARD AT LOWELL ROAD, AUG. 4, 11:45 A.M.: As a 1985 Mercedes, driven by a 48-year-old woman, turned south on Hampton, an unknown northbound truck swerved into the southbound lane. The Mercedes veered off the right shoulder and hit a light pole and a mailbox.
9. N DALE MABRY HIGHWAY AT FLETCHER AVENUE, AUG. 4, 12:45 P.M.: A southbound 1983 Nissan rear-ended a 1999 Nissan stopped for traffic. The 1983 Nissan driver, a 44-year-old man, was charged with careless driving.
10. MEMORIAL HIGHWAY AT KELLY ROAD, AUG. 4, 4:20 P.M.: An eastbound 1984 Toyota lost control, spun around and struck a westbound 1978 Ford. The Toyota driver, a 35-year-old man, was charged with careless driving. Both drivers were taken to Town & Country Hospital.
11. 56TH STREET AT 131ST AVENUE, AUG 6, 3:30 A.M.: A southbound 1993 Dodge ran off the road and hit an embankment. The driver, a 49-year-old woman, was incoherent and was taken to University Community Hospital. She was charged with careless driving.
12. N DALE MABRY HIGHWAY AT N LAKEVIEW DRIVE, AUG 6, 8:22 A.M.: An eastbound 1990 Toyota turned left into the path of a northbound 1992 Hyundai. The driver of the Hyundai, an 18-year-old man, was charged with disregarding a traffic signal.
13. GUNN HIGHWAY AT COPELAND ROAD, AUG 6, 9:50 A.M.: A northbound 1992 Lincoln went out of control on a curve and crossed the center line of the road, hitting a southbound 1990 Toyota and a southbound 1991 Toyota. The driver of the Lincoln, a 52-year-old, woman was charged with careless driving and exceeding a safe speed.
14. PINEHURST DRIVE AT WATERS AVENUE, AUG 5, 6:15 P.M.: A southbound 1986 Nissan attempted to turn right and hit an eastbound bicycle, knocking it over. The bicyclist, a 74-year-old man, was taken to Town & Country Hospital with minor injuries.
15. FLETCHER AVENUE AT 19TH STREET, AUG 5, 8:20 P.M.: A southbound 1998 Mercury drove into the path of an eastbound 1997 Hyundai, causing the Mercury to sideswipe a 1991 Ford that was traveling north. The Mercury driver, a 62-year-old man, was charged with right-of-way violation.
16. TURNER ROAD AT EHRLICH ROAD, AUG 6, 11:25 P.M.: A northbound 1996 Nissan drifted left of the center line and side-swiped a southbound 1996 Toyota. The driver of the Nissan, a 25-year-old woman, had blacked out due to diabetic medical problems. She was charged with driving left of center and was treated on the scene for low blood sugar.
17. VAN DYKE ROAD AT GUNN HIGHWAY, AUG 7, 4:30 A.M.: A westbound 1995 Chevrolet drifted left of center and ran off the road into a GTE utility pole, splitting it half. The driver, a 21-year-old woman, was charged with careless driving and driving left of center. She refused medical treatment on the scene.
18. HANLEY ROAD AT PALMBROOK DRIVE, AUG 7, 9:40 A.M.: A northbound 1988 Honda went out of control and ran off the road into a concrete wall. The driver, a 25-year-old woman, said she was half asleep. She was charged with careless driving, no proof of insurance and driving with license suspended.
19. LINEBAUGH AVENUE AT WILSKY AVENUE, AUG 7, 4:30 P.M.: A westbound 1992 Ford ran into a stopped 1994 Chevrolet, then ran off the road and flipped over. The driver of the Chevrolet, a 35-year-old man, had stopped to retrieve a mattress that fell off his towed trailer. He was charged with driving with an improper load. The driver of the Ford, a 54-year-old man, was charged with careless driving.
_ STEPHANIE POWERS, CAROLINE RANES