The top movies at North American theaters Friday through Sunday, followed by distributing studio, total gross and number of weeks in release.
1. Eye of the Beholder, Destination Films, $6-million, one week.
2. Next Friday, New Line, $39.5-million, three weeks.
3. The Hurricane, Universal, $30.9-million, five weeks.
4. Stuart Little, Sony, $123-million, seven weeks.
5. The Green Mile, Warner Bros., $115-million, eight weeks.
6. Down to You, Miramax, $13-million, two weeks.
7. Galaxy Quest, DreamWorks, $58.8-million, six weeks.
8. Girl, Interrupted, Sony, $21.2-million, six weeks.
9. The Talented Mr. Ripley, Paramount, $72.2-million, six weeks.
10. Toy Story 2, Disney, $234-million, 11 weeks.