The top movies at North American theaters Friday through Sunday, followed by distribution studio, gross, total gross and number of weeks in release.
1. Gladiator, DreamWorks, $24.6-million, $73.6-million, two weeks.
2. Battlefield Earth, Warner Bros., $11.5-million, $11.5-million, one week.
3. U-571, Universal, $5.7-million, $57.8-million, four weeks.
4. Frequency, New Line, $4.9-million, $24.5-million, three weeks.
5. The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas, Universal, $4.64-million, $24.4-million, three weeks.
6. Center Stage, Sony, $4.6-million, $4.6-million, one week.
7. Where the Heart Is, Fox, $4-million, $21.5-million, three weeks.
8. Screwed, Universal, $3.3-million, $3.3-million, one week.
9. Love and Basketball, New Line, $1.94-million, $22.2-million, four weeks.
10. Held Up, Trimark, $1.91-million, $1.91-million, one week.