A 12-year-old Tarpon Springs boy was putting gasoline in his mouth and blowing it on a flame Thursday afternoon, Tarpon Springs police Officer Steve Tsataros said, when he started a fire that led to the noisy explosion of a propane tank in his back yard at 716 Locust St. The boy, who had run to a neighbor's house just before the propane tank exploded, received only slight burns on his face, but his family's backyard shed burned to the ground. Police intend to get the boy into a fire starter treatment program.
Prep wind ensemble
to perform tonight
TARPON SPRINGS _ The Tarpon Springs High School Wind Ensemble will perform at 7 p.m. today in the school auditorium. The band recently returned from a performance at Carnegie Hall. The jazz band, percussion ensemble and color guard also will perform at the concert. For more information, call (727) 943-4049.