The top movies at North American theaters Friday through Monday, followed by distribution studio, gross, total gross and number of weeks in release, as compiled by Exhibitor Relations Co. Inc.
1. The Watcher, Universal, $9.1-million, $9.1-million, one week.
2. Nurse Betty, USA, $7.1-million, $7.1-million, one week.
3. Bring It On, Universal, $6.8-million, $44.8-million, three weeks.
4. The Cell, New Line, $3.6-million, $51.3-million, four weeks.
5. Space Cowboys, Warner Bros., $3.3-million, $78.8-million, six weeks.
6. What Lies Beneath, DreamWorks, $2.8-million, $142.3-million, eight weeks.
7. The Art of War, Warner Bros., $2.5-million, $25-million, three weeks.
8. The Original Kings of Comedy, Paramount, $2.4-million, $31.8-million, four weeks.
9. The Way of the Gun, Artisan, $2.2-million, $2.2-million, one week.
10. Highlander: Endgame, Miramax, $1.9-million, $9-million, two week.