(ran South edition)
At right, an unidentified resident of a house on 58th Avenue N holds one of three adult cats that was rescued by Lealman Fire Rescue from a fire in the house Tuesday. Richard Hauser, a Pinellas Park firefighter/paramedic and Dave Warden, a St. Petersburg firefighter/paramedic, are giving oxygen to four kittens that also were rescued. "Firefighters went through heat and heavy smoke to rescue the animals," Lealman Fire Chief Richard Graham said. All the cats survived, and no humans in the house was injured. The fire, which was caused by a child playing with a cigarette lighter, caused $15,000 worth of damage.