Advertisement
  1. Archive

Three cats, four kittens rescued

(ran Beach, West editions)

When Lealman Fire Rescue reached a house fire Tuesday on 58th Avenue N, the residents were out safe but three adult cats and four kittens, fewer than 10 days old, were trapped inside. "Firefighters went through heat and heavy smoke to rescue the animals," Lealman Fire Chief Richard Graham said. All the cats survived. Above, an unidentified resident of the house, holds a revived adult cat as Richard Hauser, a Pinellas Park firefighter/paramedic and Dave Warden, a St. Petersburg firefighter/paramedic, are giving oxygen to four kittens. "They were so small you could fit two kittens inside each mask," Graham said. The second adult cat in the picture also received oxygen. The fire, caused by a child playing with a cigarette lighter, caused $15,000 worth of damage.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

Advertisement
Advertisement