The top movies at North American theaters Friday through Sunday, followed by distribution studio, gross, total gross and number of weeks in release, as compiled Monday by Exhibitor Relations Co. Inc. and ACNielsen EDI Inc.:
1. Legally Blonde, MGM, $20.4-million, $20.4-million, one week.
2. The Score, Paramount, $19-million, $19-million, one week.
3. Cats & Dogs, Warner Bros., $12-million, $58.9-million, two weeks.
4. Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, Sony, $11.4-million, $19-million, one week.
5. Scary Movie 2, Miramax, $9.6-million, $53-million, two weeks.
6. The Fast and the Furious, Universal, $8.1-million, $115.6-million, four weeks.
7. Dr. Dolittle 2, Fox, $7.5-million, $84.7-million, four weeks.
8. Kiss of the Dragon, Fox, $6-million, $24.1-million, two weeks.
9. A.I. Artificial Intelligence, Warner Bros., $5.2-million, $70.1-million, three weeks.
10. Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, Paramount, $3.9-million, $122.5-million, five weeks.