The top movies at North American theaters Friday through Sunday, followed by distribution studio, gross, total gross and number of weeks in release, as compiled by Exhibitor Relations Co. Inc.:
1. Monsters, Inc., Disney, $45.5-million, $122.1-million, two weeks.
2. Shallow Hal, Fox, $22.5-million, $22.5-million, one week.
3. The One, Sony, $9.1-million, $31.9-million, two weeks.
4. Domestic Disturbance, Paramount, $8.6-million, $26.1-million, two weeks.
5. Heist, Warner Bros., $7.8-million, $7.8-million, one week.
6. K-PAX, Universal, $6.3-million, $40.4-million, three weeks.
7. 13 Ghosts, Warner Bros., $4.4-million, $34.2-million, three weeks.
8. Life as a House, New Line, $3.8-million, $5-million, three weeks.
9. Riding in Cars With Boys, Sony, $2.1-million, $27.7-million, four weeks.
10. Training Day, Warner Bros., $2-million, $72.6-million, six weeks.