The top movies at North American theaters Friday through Monday, followed by distribution studio, gross, total gross and number of weeks in release, as compiled by Exhibitor Relations Co. Inc.:
1. Ice Age, Fox, $46.3-million, $46.3-million, one week.
2. Resident Evil, Sony, $17.7-million, $17.7-million, one week.
3. Showtime, Warner Bros., $15-million, $15-million.
4. The Time Machine, DreamWorks, $10.8-million, $39.9-million, two weeks.
5. We Were Soldiers, Paramount, $8.5-million, $53.3-million, three weeks.
6. All About the Benjamins, New Line, $5-million, $17.6-million, two weeks.
7. 40 Days and 40 Nights, Miramax, $4.4-million, $29.9-million, three weeks.
8. John Q, New Line, $3.6-million, $64.4-million, five weeks.
9. A Beautiful Mind, Universal, $3.4-million, $149.2-million, 13 weeks.
10. Return to Never Land, Disney, $2.12-million, 45.2-million, five weeks.