Our coronavirus coverage is free for the first 24 hours. Find the latest information at Please consider subscribing or donating.

  1. Archive

Companies to expand at Henderson, Gunn corner

CARROLLWOOD: Cay Holdings Inc. and Action Center Inc. are seeking a major modification that would allow for 25,000 square feet of commercial space on 3.8 acres at the southeast corner of Gunn Highway and Henderson Road.

A 7-Eleven convenience store and gas station now occupy the property.

A zoning hearing officer is scheduled to hear the petition June 10. (Petition 02-0683)

WESTCHASE: L.A. Ventures Inc. wants permission to operate an "upscale liquor lounge" in the West Park Village Town Center on Montague Street.

The 1,378-square-foot store would serve beer, wine, mixed drinks and a limited menu of food, the petition states.

The company is seeking a special use permit that would allow the store to sell alcohol and liquor within the county's 250-foot distance requirement from residential property.

A land use hearing officer is scheduled to hear the proposal May 10. (Petition 02-0647)

UNIVERSITY NORTH: No Spoon Cafe is applying for a special use permit that would allow beer and wine sales at its restaurant at 1515 E Fletcher Ave.

A land use hearing officer is scheduled to hear the plan May 10. (Petition 02-0646)

LUTZ: Zoning hearing master Martin Smith has again recommended denial of a proposal that includes the development of 83 homes on nearly 37 acres of undeveloped land off Lutz-Lake Fern Road near VillaRosa. The plan was remanded back to Smith at the Feb. 26 land use hearing. (Petition 02-0048)

When and where

Hearings of county zoning hearing masters and land use hearing officers, and land use meetings of the County Commission are held on the second floor of the County Center, 601 E Kennedy Blvd. Zoning hearings begin at 6 p.m., and commission meetings begin at 9 a.m. Both are televised on government access channels. Land use hearing officer hearing officer hearings, which are not televised, begin at 9 a.m. For information, call 272-5920.