Residents were confined to their homes for more than an hour Monday after a contractor cut through a gas line outside a fire station.
Officials also evacuated Fire Station 33 and closed part of 82nd Avenue. There were no injuries. Late in the morning a contractor renovating the fire station hit the gas line. Firefighters blocked 82nd Avenue between 50th and 52nd streets and told residents to stay in their homes. About 90 minutes later, the line was repaired and the fumes were gone, said Pinellas Park fire Chief Ken Cramer.