Advertisement

Our coronavirus coverage is free for the first 24 hours. Find the latest information at tampabay.com/coronavirus. Please consider subscribing or donating.

  1. Archive

PASCO DANCE HALL GUTTED

HD: Electrical short dooms dance hall in Holiday

The call came about 2:30 a.m.: The Lakeview Rodeo dance hall was ablaze. By the time Pasco County Fire Rescue firefighters arrived, including the two at right, flames had broken through the roof. It would take more than 60 _ plus support from the New Port Richey and Tarpon Springs departments _ to extinguish the fire. Investigators said an electrical short in the building's main power line started the blaze. No one was hurt in the fire, but an investigator, above, was injured hours after the fire was out. Nothing in the building was identifiable Monday. Heavy equipment had been used to tear down the roof and some of the walls to ensure investigators' safety.

Pasco County fire investigator Anthony Antolini is wheeled away after injuring his knee at the scene of a nighttime fire.

Up next:Correction

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

Advertisement
Advertisement