Advertisement
  1. Archive

Fatal fire is ruled an accident

Investigators from the state Fire Marshal's Office have ruled the fire that killed a 4-year-old Brooksville boy Saturday morning was accidental, Tampa Region Capt. Michael Douglas said. Douglas said an electrical malfunction in the ceiling fan at the home, 18005 Celia Ave., caused the fire. On Monday, medical examiners found Christopher Acers, 4, died as a result of the fire. His mother, Jennifer Howard, sustained serious burns and respiratory injuries and was flown to Tampa General Hospital, a sheriff's report stated. Hospital spokesman John Dunn said Howard requested that the hospital not release any information about her condition. James Crowley, and his son, Kevin, were able to escape the blaze without serious injury.

Correction

Ray Allred is no longer president of the West Coast Airboat Club. Information in a story Monday was incorrect. Also, Allred says he informed club members only of the airboat issues that are coming before county commissioners and did not urge members to take any particular action.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

Advertisement
Advertisement