The top movies at North American theaters Friday through Sunday, followed by distribution studio, gross, total gross and number of weeks in release, as compiled by Exhibitor Relations Co. Inc.:
1. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Warner Bros., $88.4-million, $88.4-million, one week.
2. 8 Mile, Universal, $19.3-million, $84.4-million, two weeks.
3. The Santa Clause 2, Disney, $15.1-million, $82.5-million, three weeks.
4. The Ring, DreamWorks, $10.7-million, $100.7-million, five weeks.
5. Half Past Dead, Sony Screen Gems, $7.8-million, $7.8-million, one week.
6. My Big Fat Greek Wedding, IFC Films, $4.7-million, $199.6-million, 31 weeks.
7. Jackass: The Movie, Paramount, $3.9-million, $59.4-million, four weeks.
8. I Spy, Sony, $3.8-million, $30.7-million, three weeks.
9. Frida, Miramax, $2.9-million, $8.7 million, four weeks.
10. Sweet Home Alabama, Disney, $2.2-million, $121.9-million, eight weeks.