1. MAKE A POINT: With the departure of PGs Lakesha Springle and Petra Hofmann, the Seminoles will need freshman Holly Johnson to live up to her advance billing. She's a heady floor leader and, in contrast to Springle and Hofmann, is able to shoot the 3.
2. RETURN TO FORM: F Katelyn Vujas had a breakout sophomore year, averaging 11.0 points and 6.0 rebounds, but had a stress fracture in her left foot last fall and tailed off (7.5 points, 4.2 rebounds) once she returned. Now a co-captain, Vujas needs to bounce back.
3. MORE MORRIS: Versatile Tasheika Morris, who transferred after one season at Tennessee, was named third-team All-ACC last season. She's moving from PF to SF this season, which should give her more opportunities to take advantage of her size (6 feet) and quickness at both ends of the floor.
4. REPLACE 'NIKKI: Senior G Shinikki Whiting left a big void when she abruptly left the team. The former Clearwater High star was third in scoring (11.0), second in rebounding (5.1), second in assists (2.5) and tied for the lead in steals (1.5). Sophomore Linnea Liljestrand must step up, and freshman F/G Ganiyat Adeduntan might need to contribute immediately.
5. CENTER BY COMMITTEE: FSU might not have one dominant center as it did a couple of seasons ago with Levys Torres, but coach Sue Semrau will count on a group of post players: senior Trinetta Moore, sophomore Genesis Choice and oft-injured junior Lauren Bradley.
_ BRIAN LANDMAN