Advertisement
  1. Archive

Two workers injured in fire

Two people were slightly injured in a fire at the St. Pete Times Forum on Tuesday that caused about $15,000 in damage and forced the evacuation of nearly two dozen employees.

The fire started in a commercial-sized dryer on the service level of the building, which was filled with mop heads.

Tampa firefighters were called about 9 a.m. and had the fire under control within 30 minutes, officials said. They said the fire appears to have started from an electrical failure in the dryer.

A 49-year-old Times Forum employee suffered a sprained ankle, while a 42-year-old employee had minor smoke inhalation. Both were taken to Tampa General Hospital in good condition.

The arena was reopened later in the day.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

Advertisement
Advertisement