The top movies at North American theaters Friday through Sunday, followed by distribution studio, gross, total gross and number of weeks in release, as compiled by Exhibitor Relations Co. Inc.:
1. Bringing Down the House, Disney, $31.1-million, one week.
2. Tears of the Sun, Sony, $17.1-million, one week.
3. Old School, DreamWorks, $9.2-million, $50.8-million, three weeks.
4. Chicago, Miramax, $6.8-million, $114.4-million, 11 weeks.
5. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, Paramount, $6.7-million, $86.9-million, five weeks.
6. Cradle 2 the Grave, Warner Bros., $6.5-million, $26.9-million, two weeks.
7. Daredevil, Fox, $5.2-million, $91.5-million, four weeks.
8. The Jungle Book 2, Disney, $4.3-million, $39.5-million, four weeks.
9. Shanghai Knights, Disney, $2.7-million, $54.7-million, five weeks.
10. The Life of David Gale, Universal, $2.1-million, $17.1-million, three weeks.