1. Archive

Fight erupts at LaBella Sausage

A 26-year-old man was arrested after he allegedly threatened several people with a 12-inch knife outside a business Monday night.

No one was seriously injured when Geovanni Cintron Rodriguez, walked into the parking lot of LaBella Sausage at 16170 Aviation Loop in the Airport Industrial Park about 9 p.m. and asked an employee if he could speak with Julio Ojeda, who is an employee there, a sheriff's report said.

Apparently, Rodriguez was angry about an argument his girlfriend Jesenia Casillas Rodriguez, 23, had with Ojeda at work earlier that day.

When Ojeda, 26, went outside, the report said, Rodriguez charged him and two others with the weapon, which was described as a large kitchen knife.

Ojeda and the two others ran away, the report stated. One of the men injured his ankle and was taken to Spring Hill Regional Hospital for treatment; the other called 911. Rodriguez also ran away.

A sheriff's deputy tracked Rodriguez down at his home at 7236 Sky Court, Spring Hill. He admitted to being at the business but denied having a knife, the report said.

Rodriguez was taken into custody and charged with three counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Man accused of fondling teenage girl

BROOKSVILLE _ A 38-year-old Brooksville man was being held Tuesday in lieu of $15,000 bail after he was accused of creeping into a teenage girl's bedroom on Monday night and fondling her.

The man, Tyrone Carter of 809 Schoolhouse St., was charged with lewd or lascivious molestation, a felony. He was being held at the Hernando County Jail.

Authorities said Carter walked into the girl's room about 2 a.m. Monday, lay down beside her and began touching her inappropriately and kissing her, an arrest report said.

The girl did not respond to Carter's advances, hoping he would leave, the report stated. But when Carter tried to pull her shorts down, the girl bolted into another room, locked the door behind her and called 911 from a cellular phone.

When Brooksville police arrived, Carter invoked his right to remain silent. He was later taken to the county jail.