Because of the holiday on Monday, the detailed information usually included here was unavailable at press time. Here are the top movies at North American theaters Friday through Sunday, followed by distribution studio and the studio's estimated gross for the weekend:
1. Along Came Polly, Universal, $27.6-million.
2. Big Fish, Sony, $10.4-million.
3. Torque, Warner Bros., $10.3-million.
4. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, New Line, $10.2-million.
5. Cheaper by the Dozen, Fox, $8.7-million.
6. Cold Mountain, Miramax, $7-million.
7. Something's Gotta Give, Sony, $6-million.
8. My Baby's Daddy, Miramax, $3.6-million.
9. The Last Samurai, Warner Bros., $3.12-million.
10. Calendar Girls, Buena Vista Pictures, $3.10-million.