Keyshawn Johnson's difficulties have continued in the offseason.
The Bucs receiver has been served a temporary restraining order for allegedly threatening to kill a man.
A return hearing on whether the order should become permanent is scheduled for Feb. 6 in Oakland, Calif.
The order, filed with the Oakland Police Department, accuses Johnson of threatening "to kill the plaintiff and beat him to a pulp." It also accuses Johnson of leaving several threatening phone messages on plaintiff John Mahannah Jr.'s answering machine.
In the report, Mahannah said he began a relationship with Johnson's ex-wife, Skikiri, in August. The two are divorced and have two children.
Mahannah said Johnson confronted him Jan. 9 at a funeral for a friend of his ex-wife's who was killed in a car accident and said, "I'm going to catch you on the street and I will beat you to a pulp." Johnson was restrained by several people, Mahannah said. The order alleges that Johnson left threatening phone messages since the funeral.
Johnson would not comment on the restraining order. His agent, Jerome Stanley, said the matter was exaggerated.
"It's just overblown, that's all," Stanley said. "More smoke than substance. It's a ballgame level dispute that gets elevated because he's a professional athlete. It's typical."
Johnson has been ordered to stay at least 100 yards from Mahannah.
Johnson was deactivated for the final six games by coach Jon Gruden, who called him a distraction. He is expected to be released soon.
On Wednesday, Johnson was robbed of cash and jewelry at gunpoint after walking out of a barbershop in Berkeley, Calif. The incidents are unrelated.
Johnson was accosted Wednesday while talking on his cell phone and robbed of $1,000 in cash and a wristwatch, but he and his children were not hurt.
"In a situation like that, you really can't do nothing. I was just praying this doesn't go down badly," Johnson said. "I was like, "Here man. You can have it.'
"You're talking about some pathetic dudes who would rob you in front of two little kids."
Johnson's daughter, Maia, 8, had already entered his car at the time of the robbery. "She was terrified," Johnson said. His son, Keyshawn Jr., 5, was by his side. "I'm not sure he's old enough to fully know what was going down," he said.
Johnson said he wasn't real familiar with the neighborhood where he was robbed.
"That's the thing about those streets down there, the barbershop is not in a good neighborhood. Guys are running in and out of the barbershop. It's kind of shady. You never know who's watching you."
No arrests have been made.
"They'll eventually get dealt with," Johnson said. "It's scary, but you just have to keep doing what you do every day and take the necessary precautions."
In Bucs news, the team will conduct training camp at Disney's Wide World of Sports for the third straight season.
The Bucs signed a contract to return to the 200-acre sports complex where they first visited before their world championship season in 2002.
"We have received first-class service the last two years and we are thrilled to continue training in one of the nation's premier facilities," said Mike Newquist, Bucs senior director of business administration.
If things go as planned, the Bucs training camp could return to Tampa next year. The team hopes to break ground soon on a training facility located on the site of the Tampa Bay Center shopping mall, across Himes Avenue from Raymond James Stadium. The project is expected to take about 18 months.