1. Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, Paramount, $15.6-million, one week.
2. Mr. 3000, Disney, $8.7-million, one week.
3. Resident Evil: Apocalypse, Screen Gems, $8.66-million, $37-million, two weeks.
4. Wimbledon, Universal, $7.1-million, one week.
5. Cellular, New Line, $6.8-million, $19.7-million, two weeks.
6. Without a Paddle, Paramount, $3.6-million, $50.3-million, five weeks.
7. Hero, Miramax, $2.8-million, $46.1-million, four weeks.
8. Napoleon Dynamite, Fox Searchlight, $2.3-million, $33.3-million, 15 weeks.
9. Collateral, DreamWorks, $2.27-million, $96-million, seven weeks.
10. The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement, Disney, $1.9-million, $91.9-million, six weeks.