The top movies at North American theaters Friday through Sunday, followed by distribution studio, gross, total gross and number of weeks in release, as compiled by Exhibitor Relations Co. Inc:
1. The Forgotten, Sony, $21-million, one week.
2. Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, Paramount, $6.7-million, $25.5-million, two weeks.
3. Mr. 3000, Disney, $5.1-million, $15.4-million, two weeks.
4. Resident Evil: Apocalypse, Sony Screen Gems, $4-million, $43.5-million, three weeks.
5. First Daughter, Fox, $4-million, one week.
6. Cellular, New Line, $3.7-million, $25.1-million, three weeks.
7. Shaun of the Dead, Focus Features, $3.3-million, one week.
8. Wimbledon, Universal, $3.3-million, $12.1-million, two weeks.
9. Without a Paddle, Paramount, $2.4-million, $53.5-million, six weeks.
10. Hero, Miramax, $2.2-million, $49.2-million, five weeks.