1. LAKEWOOD (8-1): The Spartans did their usual fine work over the holiday break. Back to the district drudgery, guys.
2. CLEARWATER (9-0): Darius Hart quickly is emerging as Pinellas County's best point guard.
3. ADMIRAL FARRAGUT (7-1): Defending state champs were knocked off by Wharton in last outing back on Dec. 23; resume play tonight.
4. ST. PETERSBURG (9-3): The Green Devils lost by a point to St. Thomas Aquinas, otherwise they would be perfect against state teams.
5. ST. PETERSBURG CATHOLIC (8-2): Aaron Holmes leads the county in scoring after averaging 30.3 in three games at the Hooters tournament.
6. LARGO (8-2): The Packers will find out just how good they are tonight against Clearwater. Then again, so will the Tornadoes.
7. OLDSMAR CHRISTIAN (6-1): Combination of Dave Minaya (22 points per game) and Trevor Ferguson (25.7) may make Eagles Class A contender.
GIRLS SUPER 7
1. CLEARWATER (14-2): The Tornadoes have been No. 1 in the county for 231 straight weeks. Okay, we made that number up, but we're close.
2. SEMINOLE (12-0): Backcourt of Alli Fogle and Chelse Patterson has Warhawks off to another hot start, with tests looming.
3. LARGO (14-2): Spunky Packers have six averaging better than seven points, and flexibility gives Leonard Williams arguably his best team.
4. INDIAN ROCKS CHRISTIAN (9-2): The Gattuso sisters are the best inside-outside combination in the district.
5. BOCA CIEGA (6-4): Good news is winning record; bad news is half of its losses are to district rival Seminole.
6. PALM HARBOR UNIVERSITY (6-5): We still think this is a better team than it's showing. But if not 7. DIXIE HOLLINS (7-7): Rebels have been up and down, but could be a district contender by season's end.
Complied by Times staff writer John C. Cotey.