This map shows crashes along Hillsborough Avenue and the surrounding area reported by the Florida Highway Patrol, Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office and the city of Tampa from Dec. 24-30.
1. ELM STREET AT ARRAWANA AVENUE, DEC. 24, 4:30 P.M.: A Toyota backing out of a driveway hit a pedestrian's ankle with its tail pipe and left the scene. No charges were filed.
2. PINEHURST DRIVE AT BRIAR GROVE CIRCLE, DEC. 24, 11:15 P.M.: An eastbound 2002 Suzuki turning left hit a southbound 1996 Plymouth. The 53-year-old female Suzuki driver was charged with a violation of right of way. The injured were taken to Town & Country Hospital.
3. HILLSBOROUGH AVENUE AT MEMORIAL HIGHWAY, DEC. 25. 8:55 A.M.: A 2004 Chevrolet backed up trying to change out of the turn lane and hit a 2001 Pontiac. The 28-year-old female Chevy driver was charged with improper backing.
4. HILLSBOROUGH AVENUE AT INTERSTATE 275, DEC. 25, 3:30 P.M.: The driver of an unknown southbound vehicle lost control while changing lanes and hit a 2003 BMW, causing both vehicles to hit the guard rail. The unknown vehicle then fled the scene. No charges were filed.
5. HILLSBOROUGH AVENUE AT HANLEY ROAD, DEC. 25. 6:50 P.M.: A 2003 Chevrolet turning left from a parking lot hit a northbound 1990 Toyota. The 55-year-old male Chevy driver was charged with a violation of right of way.
6. HILLSBOROUGH AVENUE AT SAWYER ROAD, DEC. 26, 8:45 P.M.: A westbound 1994 Honda tried to pass a stopped 1999 Toyota, hit a curb and went out of control. The Honda then went over another curb and hit a light pole, which damaged a parked 2005 Chrysler. No charges were filed. The injured were taken to St. Joseph's Hospital.
7. WILSKY BOULEVARD AT DONALDSON DRIVE, DEC. 27, 11:18 A.M.: An eastbound 2004 Acura turning left was hit by a southbound 1997 Jeep. The 27-year-old male Acura driver was charged with a violation of right-of-way and driving with a suspended license with knowledge.
8. DALE MABRY HIGHWAY AT LAMBRIGHT STREET, DEC. 27, 4:48 P.M.: A westbound 2000 Cadillac rear-ended a 2002 Chevrolet truck. The 44-year-old male Cadillac driver was charged with careless driving.
9. WATERS AVENUE AT HANLEY ROAD, DEC. 27, 6:10 P.M.: An eastbound 1996 Dodge van turning left hit a westbound 1995 Mazda. The 31-year-old female Dodge driver was charged with a violation of right of way and with driving with a suspended license with knowledge. The 24-year-old female Mazda driver was charged with driving with a suspended license without knowledge and with not having proof of insurance. The injured were taken to St. Joseph's Hospital.
10. WATERS AVENUE AT DALE MABRY HIGHWAY, DEC. 28, 9:36 A.M.: An eastbound 1996 Chevrolet turning right hit a southbound 1996 Ford. The 71-year-old female Chevy driver was charged with failure to yield right of way.
11. WATERS AVENUE AT PINEHURST DRIVE, DEC. 28, 12:20 P.M.: A westbound 1992 Chevrolet rear-ended a 2004 Ford. The 24-year-old female Chevy driver was charged with careless driving. The injured were taken to Town & Country Hospital.
12. HILLSBOROUGH AVENUE AT RACE TRACK ROAD, DEC. 28, 5:55 P.M.: A westbound 1996 Honda turning left was hit by a northbound 1992 Toyota. The 23-year-old female Honda driver was charged with a violation of right of way. The injured were taken to St. Joseph's Hospital.
13. HILLSBOROUGH AVENUE AT WEBB ROAD, DEC. 29, 1:40 P.M.: An eastbound 1998 Toyota ran a red light and hit a 1994 northbound Ford. The 33-year-old female Toyota driver was charged with running a red light.
14. WATERS AVENUE AT GRADY AVENUE, DEC. 30, 11:50 A.M.: A westbound 1985 Honda motorcycle turning left hit an eastbound 1997 Chevrolet truck. The 65-year-old male Honda operator was charged with failure to yield right of way at an intersection. The injured were taken to Town & Country Hospital.
15. COUNTRYWAY BOULEVARD AT BENNINGTON DRIVE, DEC. 30, 3 P.M.: A southbound 1993 Honda hit a tree. No charges were filed. The injured were taken to St. Joseph's Hospital.
16. DALE MABRY HIGHWAY AT BROAD STREET, DEC. 30, 5:10 P.M.: A northbound 1998 Nissan rear-ended a 2002 Mitsubishi. The 45-year-old female Nissan driver was charged with refusal to submit to a DUI test.
_ JEREMY HAYES AND STEPHANIE HAYES