1. Archive

STUDENT NEWS

CRYSTAL RIVER HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS OF THE MONTH: Crystal River High School and the West Citrus Elks Lodge No. 2693 announce the November students of the month, Breanna Driver and Christopher Garlock.

Breanna, 18, is a member of the National Honor Society and is on the girls varsity weight-lifting and track and field teams. Her honors include: Gulf Coast Athletic Conference Weight-Lifting Most Valuable Lifter, State Qualifier, Top 10 Finish, Citrus County Unlimited Champion, All Conference, Gulf Coast Athletic Conference Track and Field State Qualifier in Shot Put, and Top Ten Finish, All Conference.

Breanna is a kindergarten mentor and Junior Achievement teacher. She is interested in the health field and volunteers as a recreation and aquatic recreation aide at the Key Training Center. She is a nursing assistant at Surrey Place.

She is an Academic Booster and member of the National Junior Honor Society and has a grade point average of 3.96. Breanna has completed 372 hours of community service.

Breanna plans to attend college and pursue a career in special education or occupational therapy. She is the daughter of Joseph Simmons and Melissa Simmons.

Chris, 18, has been on the Academic Team for four years in the calculus and physics clubsfor two years. He plays varsity basketball and participates in varsity track and field.

Chris has received first place, honorable mention, and third place in the Citrus County Math Field Days competitions. He has been on the Principal's Honor Roll four years, an Academic Booster three years and in National Honor Society two years; he was a Presidential Classroom program participant in Washington, D.C., and is in Who's Who Among American High School Students. He earned an ACT score of 32 and an SAT score of 1,480. He has performed 86 hours of community service.

He plans to attend Rollins College, major in business or entrepreneurship, pursue a postgraduate degree and own his own business. Chris has a 4.3965 grade point average and is the son of Mark Garlock and Gerry Wolfson Grande.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE