NEW YORK - Lindsay Lohan doesn't want to be called a Teen Queen.
In an interview in the March issue of Allure magazine, now on newsstands, the 19-year-old says she wants to be considered a serious actor - and rejects her youthful, party-girl image.
"I hate it when people call me a teen queen," Lohan says in an interview.
Lohan, star of family-friendly movies such as Freaky Friday and Herbie: Fully Loaded, has recently graduated to more grown-up roles, acting opposite Meryl Streep, Lily Tomlin and Tommy Lee Jones in Robert Altman's A Prairie Home Companion, due in theaters in June.
She's also been working on Chapter 27, a film about the death of John Lennon, starring Jared Leto.
As for her days as a Skinny Girl, Lohan says: "Sometimes being that thin doesn't look healthy. I kind of didn't realize that."
She dropped pounds following a hospital visit last year, she says. "I lost weight when I was in the hospital, and then I wanted to keep it off."
The past year "felt like five lifetimes because I've grown up a lot," she says. "I know better what to do and what not to do.
Kid Rock sues to stop sex video sale
DETROIT - Kid Rock has won an initial victory in his attempt to stop a California company from releasing an explicit sex video featuring the rap-rocker, former Creed singer Scott Stapp and four women.
U.S. District Court Judge John Feikens signed a temporary order that stops David Joseph and his World Wide Red Light District company from posting a preview clip of the video on its Web sites.
On Tuesday, Kid Rock's lawyers sued Red Light, which made headlines in 2004 by distributing the Paris Hilton sex video, accusing the firm of violating Kid Rock's trademark and privacy rights. The lawsuit seeks a permanent court order halting sale or distribution of the video.
"We don't deny the authenticity of the tape," Kid Rock's lawyer, William Horton, told the Detroit Free Press. "But they're using this without his permission to drive the sales of their other products."
The temporary order covers only a 40-second preview.
Sheehan, musicians plan Iraq protest concert
NEW YORK - Anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan and R.E.M. frontman Michael Stipe will headline a New York concert to urge the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq.
The concert, dubbed "Bring 'Em Home Now!" will be held at the Hammerstein Ballroom on March 20, the third anniversary of the invasion of Iraq. Rufus Wainwright and Bright Eyes will also perform, it was announced Wednesday.
Sheehan, who camped outside President Bush's ranch in Texas last year to protest the Iraq war, will speak during the concert. Her 24-year-old son, Casey, was killed in Iraq in 2004.
Chuck D, Fischerspooner, Peaches, Steve Earle and Devendra Banhart are also scheduled to perform.
More concert performers were expected to be added later.