(Final edited version not provided for the electronic library. Please see microfilm.)
The Rolling Stones will play their first concert in China in April, Chinese promoters said Tuesday, three years after canceling a pair of shows on the mainland because of the SARS outbreak.
The band will play Shanghai's Grand Stage, an 8,000-seat converted indoor stadium, on April 8, according to an announcement from Emma Entertainment.
The Stones were slated to play Shanghai and Beijing in 2003, but the shows were canceled amid the outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome.
Before those dates, the Chinese government ordered the band not to perform four songs - Brown Sugar, Honky Tonk Women, Beast of Burden and Let's Spend the Night Together - presumably because of their racy content.
Emma staff in Beijing said they had no information about whether that demand was being repeated.
The April 8 concert could not immediately be confirmed with the band's management.
Rapper faces trial on gun possession charges
A day after appearing on the "Dancing With the Stars" finale, Master P headed to court Monday where a judge ordered the hip-hop mogul and his younger brother to stand trial on weapons charges.
Master P, 38, whose real name is Percy Miller, and his brother Vyshonn Miller, 30, also a rapper who uses the stage name Silkk The Shocker, were arrested last month for carrying unregistered guns.
University of California at Los Angeles police spotted the weapons during a traffic stop. Prosecutors said the officers found a semiautomatic handgun under the seat of Master P, who was the passenger, and a revolver under the seat of his brother, who was driving.
Each was charged with one felony count of carrying an unregistered, loaded firearm. They face up to three years in state prison if convicted, prosecutors said.
Both are free on bail and are scheduled to return to court March 13 for arraignment.
CBS Radio sues Howard Stern over Sirius move
CBS Corp.'s radio division sued Howard Stern Tuesday, claiming its former star shock jock breached his contract with them when he moved to Sirius Satellite Radio Inc.
The lawsuit, which also names Sirius and Stern's agent as defendants, claims Stern improperly used CBS radio's air time to promote his new show with Sirius, which began last month. CBS also claims Stern discussed his plans with Sirius without disclosing them to CBS as required under his contract.
Even before the lawsuit was filed in New York State Supreme Court, Stern tried to upstage the action with a hastily arranged news conference in Manhattan Tuesday to strike first at his former employer.
Stern said the lawsuit was meritless, and said CBS was trying to "bully" him. He called the lawsuit a "personal vendetta" against him by CBS chief executive officer Leslie Moonves, who Stern said held a grudge against him.