1. Archive

Molester of three women sought

Published Jun. 10, 2006|Updated Jun. 13, 2006

TAMPA - Police are looking for a man who reportedly grabbed and tried to grope three women near the University of Tampa.

He was described as white, 30 to 49 years old, with a height between 5 feet 5 and 5 feet 9. He had a light complexion, light-colored eyes, a small build, a blond mustache and long, strawberry-blond hair pulled into a ponytail, police were told.

The victims have described the man's features as "pointy." He was last seen wearing a green shirt, jeans and a blue baseball cap. He might be missing his upper front teeth.

Police say the man approached the women at different locations near campus, grabbed them from behind and tried to grope them. Each woman was able to break free. Each time, the man ran away.

Anyone with information can call (813) 354-6662.

Minor offense leads to long chase

It started with a broken headlight early Friday morning in Holiday.

Deputies wanted Heriberto Cerda to stop. He was determined not to. Thus began a low-speed pursuit into Pinellas County.

Cerda kept driving for several miles after all his tires were blown out, according to a Pasco County Sheriff's Office report. He tried several times to ram his vehicle into the patrol cars, the report said.

His silver Isuzu Rodeo finally slammed into a concrete wall at Old East Lake Road and Keystone Road.

Even then he kept resisting arrest, the report said. Deputies shocked him with a Taser. Cerda ripped the barb from his body. Two more jolts, and Cerda kept flailing, the report said.

Finally, deputies hit him with pepper spray and put him in handcuffs.

The 47-year-old Tarpon Springs man may have evaded authorities for a while, but he never went above the speed limit. According to the report, Cerda didn't pull over because he was driving with a business-only license. That would have likely meant only a citation.

But now Cerda faces an array of charges in Pinellas and Pasco, including two DUI charges, three counts of aggravated assault and fleeing and eluding law enforcement.

He was being held in the Pinellas County Jail on Friday.

Versions of this report appear in some regional editions of the Times.


This site no longer supports your current browser. Please use a modern and up-to-date browser version for the best experience.

Chrome Firefox Safari Edge