Advertisement
  1. Archive

St. Paul's celebrates renovation

Published Nov. 29, 2006

The parishioners of St. Paul's Catholic Church returned to their renovated church on Saturday evening with a Mass celebrated by Bishop Robert N. Lynch of the Diocese of St. Petersburg. The congregation had been holding services in the parish school's gym since July while workers completed a $600,000 update of the church, which was built in 1939. Much of the original church at 1800 12th St. N in St. Petersburg was preserved: The pews were refinished, the Stations of the Cross restored, and pieces of the original altar incorporated into the new. At the rededication Mass, which began in the darkened church, the bishop blessed the altar table with sacramental chrism oil and then celebrated the Eucharist.