The Citrus County Education Foundation has announced this year's teacher grant recipients.
Three groups of grants were awarded to individual teachers and teacher teams: Black Diamond Foundation, Citigroup and Okey Ryan Memorial. These are this year's grant recipients:
Black Diamond Foundation
- Christine Murin and Angela Solomon, Citrus Springs Elementary, for their project, "Literacy Masters."
- Gail Sotrines and Robbie Lindeman, Citrus Springs Middle, for "History Through the Eyes of Literacy Characters."
- Gema Coleman and Traci Spafford, CREST, for "The Ending Changes."
- Jamie Fehrenbach and Katie Hughes, Hernando Elementary, for "Exploration Packs."
- Kathryn Locke and Jennifer Pepe, Inverness Middle, for "Rhyme Time: Poetry Performance Party."
- Kay Harper and Jenae Royston, Inverness Primary, for "Tales & Tiles Take-Home."
- Kristen Milford and Earnie Olsen, Academy of Environmental Science, for "AES Water Quality Monitoring Team."
- Tammy MacDonald and Sherina Finley, Crystal River Middle, for "Science is a Hoot."
- Eileen Snyder and Steffanie Grotz, Inverness Middle, for "Make a Difference, Pay It Forward."
- Cynthia Hendrick and Wanda Bennett, Renaissance Center, for Renaissance Times school newspaper.
Okey Ryan Memorial
- Billy Bass, Citrus High, for "Significant People & Events"
- Carla Eschen, Citrus Springs Elementary, for "Beyond the Eye of the Storm."
- Debra Quertermous, Citrus Springs Middle, for "Life Skills."
- Traci Spafford and Gema Coleman, CREST, for "CREST Reading Cafe."
- Sherina Finley, Crystal River Middle, for "Do You Know Your Body?"
- Lillian Joyce Ware, Floral City Elementary, for "Baby BumbleBee Library."
- Gail Bockiaro, Forest Ridge Elementary, for "Asking to Learn."
- Amanda Parker, Hernando Elementary, for "Math Literature Library."
- Tobey Hunter, Hernando Elementary, for "Science Investigators: Creating Age-Appropriate Science Centers."
- Lenora Nelson, Inverness Middle, for "Power Reading."
- Jim Benson and Ingrid Staley, Inverness Middle, for "Builder's Square."
- Elaine Vilchez-Herrador, Inverness Primary, for "Reading to Write."
- Rebecca O'Connell, Inverness Primary, for "When We Were Five."
- Stacy Fulton and Stephanie Ottinger, Inverness Primary, for "High 5 for Literacy."
- Lisa Denny, Inverness Primary, for "Start Your Day with SRA."
- Dawn Mundy and Sandra Cross, Inverness Primary, for "Supporting Our Veterans Through Music and Celebration."
- Wendy Roberts, Lecanto High, for "Strategies & Study Aids that Students Can Use for Life."
- Deborah Perry, Lecanto Middle, for "LMS Border Patrol, Walk Florida."
- Terry Stoufer, Lucy Lecour, Linda Ferrara and Bianca Curtis, Lecanto Primary, for "Ready ... Set ... Action."
- Kim Hume, Pleasant Grove Elementary, for "Literacy in the Classroom."
- Shonda Johnson, Rock Crusher Elementary, for "Math Stories."