* Carl Hiaasen (Nature Girl), 1 p.m. today, Circle Books, 478 John Ringling Blvd., Sarasota.
* Robert Macomber (An Affair of Honor), 3 p.m. today, Book Bank USA, Largo Mall, 10500 Ulmerton Road.
* Judy Lowe Wells (C. Perry Snell: His Place in St. Petersburg, Florida History), 7 p.m. Tuesday, St. Petersburg Main Library, 3745 Ninth Ave. N.
* Jonna Doolittle Hoppes (Calculated Risk), 7 p.m. Thursday, Sarasota News and Books, 1341 Main St., Sarasota.
* Laura Burge (The Singing River Story), 2 p.m. Saturday, Haslam's Book Store, 2025 Central Ave., St. Petersburg.
Temple Beth-El book fair
Temple Beth-El, 400 Pasadena Ave. S, St. Petersburg, is having a Community Book Fair today through Dec. 10. Judaic books for all ages and interests, including history, cooking, sports and children's books, are available. Events from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. today include appearances by authors Bob Andelman and Wendy Lampert, who will read from and sign their books; authors Janet Clement and Albert Rodriguez will appear Dec. 10. Call (727) 347-6136.
Tampa Review release
Editors and friends of the Tampa Review and the University of Tampa Press will celebrate the release of Tampa Review 30 & 31/32, along with the 75th anniversary of the University of Tampa, from 5 to 7:30 p.m. Friday in the Music Room, Plant Hall, 401 W Kennedy Blvd. John Fairweather, Peter Meinke, Rachel Moran and Gianna Russo will read. RSVP by Monday to email@example.com or (813) 253-6266.
To place an item, please send the author's name and book title, appearance time and date and the venue name, phone number and address to Piper Jones Castillo, P.O. Box 1121, St. Petersburg, FL 33731-1121. Items also may be sent by fax to (727) 893-8675 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is 14 days before publication.