All libraries in the Citrus County Library System will be closed Dec. 25-26 for the holidays.
- Central Ridge: 1:30-3 p.m. Dec. 13.
- Lakes Region: 1-3 p.m. Tuesdays.
Tai Chi Exercises
- Central Ridge: 9-10:30 a.m. Wednesdays.
- Coastal Region: 10-11:30 a.m. Fridays.
- Lakes Region: 9-10:30 a.m. Thursdays.
- Coastal Region: 4-9 p.m. Mondays.
- Central Ridge: "Big Kids'' games, Scrabble, 10 a.m.-noon Mondays, all ages; bridge 1-5 p.m. Fridays.
- Central Ridge: Book Discussion: 10-11:30 a.m., Dec. 14.
Friends of the Library
- Coastal Region: Friends of Coastal Region Library board meeting 9:30-11 a.m. Dec. 12.
- Lakes Region: No meeting due to holidays.
- Floral City: No meeting due to holidays.
LIBRARY ADVISORY BOARD
- Central Ridge: Meeting 4-5 p.m. Dec. 14.
PRESCHOOL STORYTIME (AGES 2-5)
- Tuesdays: 11 a.m., Central Ridge.
- Thursdays: 10 a.m., Lakes Region; 10:30 a.m., Coastal Region.
- Central Ridge: 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays.
- Coastal Region: 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays.
- Lakes Region: 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays.
SPECIAL PROGRAMS, EVENTS AND EXHIBITS
- Central Region: Santa and Miss Dot at preschool stories 11 a.m. Dec. 12.
- Coastal Region: Santa and Mrs. Claus at preschool stories 10:30 a.m. Dec. 14.
- Lakes Region: Santa and Mr. Claus bedtime stories 7 p.m. Dec. 19 and preschool stories 10 a.m. Dec. 21.
Now Available: The Citrus County Library System has more than 20 premium database resources. Use your library card to experience these valuable information tools. Go to www.cclib.org to access these and other databases.
Artists and displays
- Central Ridge: Artist: to be announced; display: Robert Miller, military memorabilia.
- Coastal Region: Artist: Ralph Pohlman, oils; display: Pat Harris, Australia.
- Lakes Region: Artist: mixed media; display: Richard and Rosalind Bonsett, gourds.
- Floral City: Display: Betty Wilson, Santa figurines.
Call em: Central Ridge, 746-6622; Coastal Region, 795-3716; Floral City, 726-3671; Homosassa, 628-5626; Lakes Region, 726-2357; administrative office, 746-9077 or on the Internet at www.cclib.org.
- The Republican Executive Committee and its associated clubs have a free, online lending library available to all registered voters in Citrus County. The library offers books which are primarily historical and/or political in nature. To view the titles available and to borrow these books, visit www.citrus-republicans.com and click on the "GOP Internet Library'' link. For information on the library or to participate as a lender, call Chris Gangler at 726-9368.
Citrus Springs Library
Citrus Springs Memorial Library lists the following schedule of events. The library will be closed Dec. 25 for Christmas.
- Today: 10 a.m. Citrus Springs Genealogy Society meets. Call Tomie Maxam, 465-7448; Web site: www.rootsweb.com/~flcsgc/.
- Thursday: 1:30 p.m. Citrus Springs Library Association meets. You are invited to become a member of this group which helps with decision making regarding the library's future plans. Dues: $5, individual and $7.50, family.
- Friday: 1 p.m. Gingerbread Poets meets. Call Virginia Buelke, 489-9148.
- Dec. 14: 1 p.m. Creative Calligraphers meet, call June Towner, 489-9717.
- Dec. 27: 2 p.m. Book discussion group, attend and decide which author and book will be discussed. Call 489-1891.
- Displays: Pat Sistrand's watercolor exhibit, Barbara Schmidt's collection of White House Christmas ornaments and Creative Calligraphers display.
The library's hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays. Volunteers needed. Two computers available for use. The library's video collection has been categorized for ease of selection. Choose from movies, war, spiritual, exercise, music, nature, hobbies, sports and children's videos. The library is at 1826 W Country Club Blvd., Citrus Springs. Visit the Web site www.library.citrussprings.org. Call 489-2313.