1. Archive

Magic wins with last-second 3

Jameer Nelson hit a 3-pointer with 1.7 seconds left for the Magic, which snapped an 11-game losing streak in Sacramento with a 92-89 victory over the Kings on Monday night.

Dwight Howard had 18 points and 16 rebounds for the Magic, which won for the seventh time in eight games.

Grant Hill's jumper with 2:29 to play put the Magic up 89-83 - the biggest lead for either team in the fourth quarter. But Brad Miller hit two free throws and Mike Bibby made a jumper with 1:28 left for the Kings.

After the Kings stopped the Magic twice, Miller tied it with 25 seconds left. The Magic wound down the clock for a final shot, and Nelson came around a pick to make his 3-pointer.

Wizards 106, Mavs 97

WASHINGTON - Gilbert Arenas scored 38 and had eight assists for the Wizards, who snapped the Mavericks' 12-game winning streak.

Antawn Jamison had 20 points and 12 rebounds for the Wizards, who built leads of 20 points in the first half and 31 in the third quarter.

Spurs 129, Warriors 89

SAN ANTONIO - Brent Barry scored 18 and Beno Udrih scored a season-high 16 for the Spurs, whose bench accounted for 75 points.

Tim Duncan scored 15 and eight rebounds for the Spurs, who outrebounded the Warriors 51-34.

Knicks 98, Grizzlies 90

NEW YORK - Eddy Curry scored 26 for the Knicks, who won for just the second time at home.

David Lee added a season-high 20 points, teaming with Curry to wear out the Grizzlies' frontcourt. The Knicks shot a season-best 56.3 percent from the field.

Bulls 100, Celtics 82

CHICAGO - Andres Nocioni scored 20 for the Bulls, who won their fifth straight.

Jazz 101, Bucks 88

SALT LAKE CITY - Carlos Boozer had 30 points and 13 rebounds and Jazz coach Jerry Sloan got his 999th coaching win.

Mehmet Okur scored 17 and pulled down 13 rebounds for the Jazz.

Around the league

LAKERS: Guard Kobe Bryant left the game against the Pacers early in the third quarter with a sprained right ankle, but the injury didn't appear to be serious.

TIMBERWOLVES: Forward Eddie Griffin pleaded guilty to inattentive driving in connection with a March traffic accident in Minneapolis.

Griffin paid a fine and court fees totaling $375 for the petty misdemeanor, said Mary Ellen Heng, an assistant city attorney.

Griffin, 24, entered the plea through his attorney and did not appear in court, Heng said.

Griffin hit a parked car March 30 in Minneapolis, and then he went into a convenience store and told employees he was drunk, witnesses said. Rather than give Griffin a breath test, two police officers gave him a ride home - prompting an internal police investigation.

The owner of the vehicle Griffin hit has sued.