Jennie Miller wanted some non-alcoholic beverage recipes for a family reunion. Dave Highlands gets rave reviews for his pina colada punch. For those wanting to spice it up a bit, put a bottle of rum close by so adults can do so. Norma Thoma shares a recipe that can easily be adapted for any size party, and Bill Henry offers another fruit punch.
Rea Browning would like a recipe for Hungarian or Polish cookies with a ground nut filling. They are rolled with the ends twisted and rolled in powdered sugar. Ronni Kustin would like the recipe for house dressing from Gus's Restaurant on Northdale Boulevard in Tampa. Ronni says it is sweet, garlicky and wonderful.
Send requests to You Asked for It, St. Petersburg Times, P.O. Box 1121, St. Petersburg, FL 33731 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put "Recipe request'' in the subject line. Include your full name, city and phone number.
Pina Colada Punch
1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple
1 (8-ounce) can coconut cream
1 (46-ounce) can pineapple juice
1 (2-liter) bottle lemon-lime carbonated beverage
- In a large plastic container, combine ice cream, crushed pineapple, coconut cream and pineapple juice. Mix well and slowly stir in the lemon lime soda. Freeze for a few hours or until slushy.
Source: Dave Highlands, St. Petersburg
2 large cans frozen pink lemonade
1 large can frozen limeade
1 large bottle Ocean Spray Cranapple juice, chilled
Sliced fruit, such as kiwi, lemons, limes, oranges
1 liter Canada Dry ginger ale
- Put ice in a large punch bowl. Add frozen pink lemonade. Use empty can and add 2-1/2 cans water. Add frozen limeade and 2-1/2 cans water. Add the cranapple juice and stir. Add fruit slices.
- Add ginger ale just before serving.
Source: Norma Thoma, Spring Hill
Tropicana Pink Punch
2 (6-ounce) cans frozen concentrated pineapple juice
1 (6-ounce) can frozen concentrated pink lemonade
1 (6-ounce) can frozen concentrated orange juice
9-3/4 cups water
-1/2 cup lemon juice
2 cups superfine sugar
1 liter chilled club soda or seltzer
- Thaw frozen pineapple juice, lemonade and orange juice; combine in large container. Add water, lemon juice and sugar; stir until sugar dissolves. Chill well.
- Add club soda. Pour into punch bowl with block or ring of ice. With toothpicks, fix cherries into centers of pineapple slices. Float fruit on punch.
Makes about 30 one-cup servings.
Source: Bill Henry