Get in the mood for the holiday by taking in a parade this weekend. You'll have a chance to see them on the land and on the waters.
* The Inverness Christmas Parade begins at noon today. The route is along Main Street from Citrus High School to Highland Boulevard.
* The Hernando Boat Parade begins at 4:30 p.m. today at the Hernando Lake boat ramp on Parsons Point Road. The parade then makes its way around the shoreline, ending up at Armante's Restaurant, 5813 N Carl G. Rose Highway (State Road 200).
* The Homosassa River Christmas Boat Parade begins at 6 p.m. today. The parade begins near the west end of the river (near Riverhaven), goes upriver near the Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park, and then turns back to finish at Magic Manatee Marina.
* The Citrus Springs Holiday Parade, "A Tropical Christmas," begins at 2 p.m. Sunday. The route is from the fountain on Citrus Springs Boulevard and U.S. 41 to Wesley Jones Park.
In other weekend events:
* Country singer Gretchen Wilson brings the Redneck Revolution Tour to Rock Crusher Canyon today. Gates open at 3 p.m., opening act at 4:30. Tickets at the gate are $40 to $60. Also performing are Blake Shelton, the Swanson Family Blue Grass Band and Cason.
Wilson is also scheduled to appear from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. today at the Chet Cole Life Enrichment Center on the campus of the Key Training Center on Van Nortwick Road, off State Road 44 between Lecanto and Meadowcrest. This was originally a private event, but now it has been open to the public to meet and greet Wilson.
Tickets for the concert will be available there. Wilson will greet fans and clients of the Key for an hour before heading over to the concert venue. Free admission. Call 527-8228.
* The Night of Lights will be 6 to 8 p.m. today at Fort Cooper State Park, 3100 S Old Floral City Road, Inverness. Wander the park grounds, admiring decorations and luminarias. Activities include a S'mores treat center at the barbecue pit, hot cider and chocolate in the community building and gospel groups singing holiday songs. Admission is a nonperishable food item or a new toy to benefit Citrus United Basket. Call 726-0315
* A Christmas Cabaret will be performed at 8 p.m. today and 2 p.m. Sunday at Playhouse 19, 865 U.S. 19 S, Crystal River. Tickets are $10 at the box office for advance purchase or an hour before the show. Call the box office at 563-1333 or visit www.playhouse19.org.
Jorge Sanchez covers arts and entertainment in Citrus. Contact him at email@example.com or 860-7313 or toll free at 1-800-333-7505 ext. 7313.